Friday, January 27, 2006

Wall Talker

An interesting thing happened to me at work on Wednesday when I was going back to my cube *sigh* from lunch. I meet my friend almost daily for lunch, and on this particular day after we had gotten up from our respective chairs we had stopped at the intersection in the hallway. The hallways are less than six feet wide, very long, and have hanging mirrored globes at intersections to use so you don’t plow over random passers by.

In this particular instance, my friend had taken a step or two down a hallway, and I had taken a step down the one which crosses it. We continued chatting for a brief moment, and I started to walk down the hall when I saw this woman was staring at me funny. There are all sorts of interesting people at the compound, so seeing a look like this was not strange to me there. As I start to pass by her she casually says “I would’ve thought you were talking to the wall if I didn’t see that hand for a second.”

I have been known to do some strange things from time to time, but I don’t typically carry on conversations with walls in the middle of the hallway. I would like to think that the wall and I have mutually realize that our conversation would bore each other if it were to happen, so we choose not to converse with each other. I understand, and I go out on a limb here and say the wall which makes up half of the hallway doesn’t mind either.

Going further into this, who would have been crazier though? I only heard things, or acted like I heard things by carrying on a conversation with a wall. The lady seemed to be seeing things, hallucinating if you will.

Some people say in the future we’ll all be crazy, but I won’t I guess its nice to know I wont be seeing things which aren’t happening, but rather just hearing things.

What was that…?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home