Saturday, July 29, 2006

The Bus Driver has Arrived

I didn’t think the day would come when I would be a driver for my van pool, but that day has come. Thanks to the number of people who have been dropping out, and many of them being drivers, I didn’t want to see it drop to just one eligible driver. I had resisted for two main reasons before; first I have become accustomed to taking a nap before getting to work in the morning. Until they come up with some sort of auto pilot for that I will have to grow to live without it about two days a week.

Second, I had been spending my time on the way back reading, I finished several books which I thoroughly enjoyed, The Da Vinci Code, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Order of the Phoenix, and The Halfblood Prince to name a few.

Being the driver does allow you the privilege of listening to whatever you want in the morning. I expect to find the dial set to KERA 90.1 most of the time when I’m driving as it allows me to stay up with what is going on in the world and hear a variety of stories.

Maybe I can come up with some wacky rules for the passengers while they are on my watch. The thought of having to make exactly three “mini stops” before successfully parking the van is required. If you have any suggestions for new rules go ahead and leave a comment.

Just to close this out, a shout out has to go to Sunshine, the saver of birds. I am sure you’re becoming known as a “fine feathered friend” in to the birds across the nation.

2 Comments:

At 10:23 PM, Blogger coachrachel said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish we had a pool system where I work. I would push that oversized bag of bolts to its limits every morning to get the blood flowing. I would weave through traffic and let the squeal of the tires on the asphalt cause alarm on the faces of all the passengers. The people we pass would watch in amazement as a black plume of smoke spills from under the van and clouds their view with every stomp of the accelerator. The roaring of the engine and poor response would be tested with every loose turn of the steering wheel. The long straight-aways will provide me with enough space to really stretch the vans big ol’ legs to see what she can really do when unleashed. My hands are getting sweaty already!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home